Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Digesting Eat Pray Love 1

To find the balance you want, this is what you must become. You must keep your feet grounded so firmly on the earth that it's like you have 4 legs instead of 2. That way, you can stay in the world. But you must stop looking at the world through your head. You must look through your heart, instead. That way, you will know God.

I took a moment today to step away from work. Work for me is a binge i am on a 23 day binge without a day off. lately i work to survive. It is not a way of life I enjoy.
I am currently reading Eat Pray Love and took my "lunch break" to sit in a near by park to break away from my binge and enjoy the sun, the earth, the noise of children in the summer and let my mind be somewhere else. I am in the first "chapter" of the book. The above quote comes from when the main character goes to Bali and visits a medicine man and she asks for the clarity of letting god into her life and how to balance it with the distractions of the world. I am not necessarily saying I am becoming religious or event spiritual at this time but finding balance has always been a constant struggle. I even had a conversation about balance with my mother this morning. I would like to practice this mantra. I am going to make a conscious effort to do so. I have a feeling there will be many lessons learned about life, love and career in Eat Pray Love.

No comments: